Thank you for enquiring about a wedding at St Laurence’s. The choice of arrangements for your wedding ceremony is very important indeed, and we would like to help you as much as we can.
St Laurence’s is part of the Church of England, and currently, by church law, you have a right to be married in this parish if at least one of you fulfils one of the following 3 criteria:-
1) You reside on a permanent basis within the Parish of Broxbourne with Wormley. To see the parish boundaries, please click here.
2) You can verify with the minister a ‘Qualifying Connection’ with the parish church if one of the following applies:-
• one of you was baptized or prepared for confirmation in the parish
• one of you has ever lived in the parish for 6 months or more
• one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for 6 months or more
• one of your parents has lived in the parish for 6 months or more in their child’s lifetime
• one of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for 6 months or more in their child’s lifetime
• your parents or grandparents were married in the parish.
3) If you do not have a qualifying connection as in points 1 & 2, but are prepared to worship here regularly for at least 6 months and are baptized, you may apply to go onto the church membership roll here. Wedding arrangements can then be confirmed.
For more information about getting married at St Laurence’s, please consult the Wedding Information Leaflet.
© 2015 St Laurence
web designers london - Quick Innovations
Registered Charity, No: 1130305
The Parish Office
Tel: 01992 444117